VolleyFest for showcase

Diego Galaviz, Reporter
March 13, 2012
Filed under Featured Sports Scrollbox, Top Stories

The Bixby High School Volleyball Booster Club will be holding their first annual Spartan VolleyFest on Saturday, May 5th.

The high school volleyball team has been selected to play in the KSA Events 2012 Fall Classic Volleyball Tournament on Wed August 29, 2012. KSA is a non-profit organization which sponsors high school sporting events and provides individual scholarships to select players competing in KSA events. The KSA game will be played at Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Florida. This is an invitation for Bixby players to play in a National Tournament against teams from all over the country and parts of Canada.

“This is an awesome opportunity for our girls to showcase their talents and join players all around the country doing what they love to do,” said Lisa Owens, volleyball booster club representative.

VolleyFest is a fundraiser for the booster club to help pay for the trip.

• The Co-Ed Volleyball Tournament will start at 8:00 a.m. at the BHS Whitey Ford Gym, practice gym, and the middle school gym.
  • All Tulsa-area high school students are invited to participate.
  • Teams should be no more than eight players; the entry fee is $80 per team, which includes a t-shirt if registered by March 30th. Registrations will be accepted until April 6th.
  • Download the registration forms and official rules at the Bixby High School website, under the VolleyFest link, to register.
  • Prizes will be awarded to first and second place teams as well as the tournament MVP.
  • There will also be side competitions.

If you have questions, contact Lisa Kramer at lisakramer@cox.net or Lisa Owens at lowens@bixbyps.org.

Comments